Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Dancing Feet and Thankful Treats

Wow. What a weekend.

When I say that I danced ALL weekend, I really meant it.

Friday: Salsa for 2 hours, ALX (Swing) 11pm-4am
Saturday: Went to local records shops, ALX 8:45-5am (went to bed at 7 am )
Sunday: Ballroom for 5 hours (after 3 hours of sleep) then back to ALX from 8:30-11ish.

I had some shifts at the desk and eating times in there, but for the most part, I was dancing all weekend.

Sounds like torture to you? My body was not happy with me, but I had a great time. Next time, I'm taking Monday off. I got to dance with a lot of really great people, and I think I got better in just a couple of days. You get used to following, and start picking up new moves, and feel comfortable with yourself. Once you get really tired, then you start dancing really good. It's like when you're in color guard, and you do better on the second run through because you're pushing yourself, and you're just letting go of tension. Speaking of dancing and performing...

We finished our routines this weekend (just about) and the costumes are on the way or here. I am very excited about the show! I know I am a big dork, but I think it's a lot of fun. My mom and dad are going to go, and I think some friends from work might come see it too. I hope to get some good pictures as well.

Who is ready for Thanksgiving? I am ready for that nap. I am going to need to contain my energy for the weekend at the outlet mall! Mmm, Black Friday. I am fortunate enough to be getting vacation days for Thursday AND Friday. Lucky me!

Life is good. I can't really complain about much. There is a lot to be thankful for.

I have good friends--dancers, musicians, and artists. I have great parents and a really cool brother. I have my freedom to dance and dance and dance. I have a new job that I like a lot. I am athletic and healthy. I am blessed.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving everyone! What are you thankful for?

*

No comments: