Tuesday, December 4, 2007

One Bad Apple in a Barrel of Pink Ladies

Today was a pretty bad day.

I have had a lot of great, good, and even super days lately, but today was just downright shitty. I really am a chipper person most of the time, so here's my rant.

1. I didn't get much sleep.
2. I was 10 minutes late to work, mind you, I took Monday off as a sick day.
3. I cut the tip top of my left ring finger practically off and almost fainted. Ugh.
4. Number 3 made me nauseous for almost the whole day.
5. I left my wallet at home.

Not too bad? Well, considering the fact that the other days were great, this one sure was stupid. Not to mention I had the small feeling of, " gee, I wish someone like-liked me like that. Must be nice." when I woke up this morning. It's passed now, mainly because I went out to eat with one of my friends and mentors of design at Blue Star Cafeteria and ate an incredible Mexican Vanilla cake. (he insisted, it was my birthday lunch) I find it ironic that I chose Mexican Vanilla, because that basically defines me. It was nice to talk to a designer friend about the scene and what's going on in Austin. There is a Clampitt paper demo holiday happy hour tomorrow that my colleague S. and I will go to. I love paper. Good times.

Still blue? Nah. I haven't even said anything about this weekend, which was the show!

Friday night was way fun. After salsa class, J. and I bullied K. and M. to go see Enchanted with us. They were grumpy at first, but really enjoyed it after all. It is so cute! Saturday I got my shift covered so I got to spend time with my parents and bro and L. and decorated the house. I got some new white cubes for my design annuals. For my early birthday I got a great book called the Logo, Font, and Lettering Bible, and Fosse, a DVD featuring the best of Bob Fosse's Broadway jazz choreography. He's famous for Sweet Charity, Chicago and the movies All That Jazz and Cabaret. After dinner at Red Lobster (yum), a viewing of Ratatouille and to bed I go!

The show on Sunday was interesting to say the least. The Fed's gorgeous wooden dance floor was covered in sticky beer residue from a late night frat party 2 days before. Before setting up, we had to mop the floor 3 times and proceeded to have a very sticky rehearsal. We thought we could dry it up faster by adding cornstarch, and let's just say we had a slipping good time at the show. I personally didn't fall, but we could make a drinking game out of watching the video later. The show went well aside from the slip and slide floor, and the classic cleanup followed by drinks at Trudy's was a fun fun time.

I'm sad the dance season is over, but next semester: Rumba, and Cell Block Tango! Plus, my birthday is in 2 days, and I'm already celebrating! I am also excited for the many many parties and plans that I have with all my lovely friends in the next 3 weeks!

See? Told you I'm a happy person. 90% average for the last week. The finger chop really killed the average. How mean. (hahahhaa math joke.)

Missing my friends from far and wide!

*

1 comment:

CadeRageous said...

Pink Ladies (my favorite!)

Sorry you cut your finger off... I've still not yet done that, as all designers are destined to do.

Mexican Vanilla--yeah, that does pretty much sum you up. Sweet and smooth vanilla with a zesty kick of spice. ;-) Perfect!


Happy Birthday!